Also a “study” for UCA 17-50-303
The mission of the Washington County Tourism Tax Advisory Board (Tourism Board) is to make recommendations on the expenditure of funds collected from the Transient Room Tax (TRT) (as described in Utah Code Section 59-12-301) and the Tourism, Recreation, Cultural, Convention, and Airport Facilities Tax (TRCC) (as described in Utah Code Section 59-12-603).
The Washington County co-op marketing program was created to help secure and support activities that will infuse economic impact, and enrich the quality of life for residents. The Tourism Board receives and reviews co-op applications from non-profit organizations twice each year.
- Round 1 applications must be received no later than February 1.
- Round 2 applications must be received no later than August 1.
TRT and TRCC funds may only be appropriated in furtherance of tourism or related activities or projects. To receive funding, events and projects must directly generate hotel room nights or have another articulable positive tourism impact in Washington County. The county may only appropriate money if, in the judgment of the county legislative body, the funding will contribute to the safety, health, prosperity, moral well-being, peace, order, comfort, or convenience of county residents, and meet the objectives and goals of the County Commission.
Applicant must submit the following:
- Completed Application
- Proof of Non-Profit Status
- Commitment and Proof of Expenditure of Matching Funds (minimum $5,000)
- Letters of Support from Communities/Agencies Impacted
- Marketing Plan (download template)
- Budget Overview
All applications must be submitted using this online form. Failure to provide this required information will result in application not being processed. Also, please note that you will NOT be able to save this application in process, so prepare to have all application materials on hand before beginning this online application. For reference, see PDF copy of application.
Application Procedures (Non-Profit Organization)
- Completed applications are evaluated by a review team and presented to the Tourism Board.
- Applicants may be asked to present the request to the Tourism Board and/or to the Washington County Commission.
- Tourism Board recommendations are presented to the County Commission at a regular commission meeting.
- The County Commission may approve or deny the funding request.
- Applicants will be notified via email of the approval or denial of the request.
Distribution of Awarded Funds
- The event organization is responsible to contract and pay for any expenses for the event.
- Co-op funds will be paid to the applying organization following the event as reimbursement for approved expenditures.
- To initiate reimbursement, the event organization must provide the following:
- Failure to provide a recap report and proper documentation of expenses may result in funds not being awarded and/or a denial in future years.
- In the event the project or event for which funds were requested does not materialize, funds will not be dispersed. If funds have already been dispersed, they will need to be reimbursed in full.
- Invoices must be submitted within 45 days after the event and must be received prior to the end of the calendar year for the event. Event hosting fees may be considered separately.
- For info contact the Washington County Tourism Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.