Washington County Tourism Tax Advisory Board Marketing/Sponsorship Funding Application (For-Profit)
Also a “study” for UCA 17-50-303
The mission of the Washington County Tourism Tax Advisory Board (Tourism Board) is to make recommendations on the expenditure of funds collected from the Transient Room Tax (TRT) (as described in Utah Code Section 59-12-301) and the Tourism, Recreation, Cultural, Convention, and Airport Facilities Tax (TRCC) (as described in Utah Code Section 59-12-603).
The Washington County co-op marketing program was created to help secure and support activities that will infuse economic impact, and enrich the quality of life for residents. The Tourism Board receives and reviews applications from for-profit organizations once each year.
Applications must be received no later than August 1.
TRT and TRCC funds may only be appropriated in furtherance of tourism or related activities or projects. The county may only appropriate money if, in the judgment of the county legislative body, the funding will contribute to the safety, health, prosperity, moral well-being, peace, order, comfort, or convenience of county residents.
Marketing Funding is intended to assist an organization/entity with marketing dollars for tourism-related purposes that align with and support the strategic plan, mission, objectives, and goals of the Washington County Tourism Department.
Sponsorships are utilized to help secure and support major events that infuse economic impact and present opportunities for economic development throughout the county while enriching the quality of life for residents. These are reserved for major contributors to TRT and TRCC or the Washington County Tourism brand and image, such as Tuacahn, Huntsman World Senior Games, etc. The Tourism Board will notify qualifying contributors of such status.
Applicant must submit the following:
- Completed Application
- Letters of Support from Communities/Agencies Impacted (if applicable)
- Marketing Plan (download template)
- Budget Overview
All applications must be submitted using this online form. Failure to provide this required information will result in application not being processed. Also, please note that you will NOT be able to save this application in process, so prepare to have all application materials on hand before beginning this online application. For reference, see PDF copy of application.
Application Procedures (For-Profit Business)
- Completed applications are evaluated by a review team and presented to the Tourism Board.
- Applicants may be asked to present the request to the Tourism Board and/or to the Washington County Commission.
- Tourism Board recommendations are presented to the County Commission at a public hearing.
- Following the public hearing, the Commission may approve or deny the funding request.
- Applicants will be notified via email of the approval or denial of the request.
Distribution of Awarded Funds
- In most cases, the applying organization is responsible to contract and pay for any expenses for the event.
- Marketing funds will be paid to the applying organization as reimbursement following the project.
- Sponsorship and hosting fees may be considered separately and invoiced accordingly.
- To initiate reimbursement, the event organization must provide the following:
- Failure to provide a Project Report and proper documentation of expenses may result in funds not being awarded and/or a denial in future years.
- In the event the project or event for which funds were requested does not materialize, funds will not be dispersed. If funds have already been dispersed, they will need to be reimbursed in full.
- Invoices must be submitted within 45 days after the project and must be received prior to the end of the calendar year for the event.
- For info contact the Washington County Tourism Office: firstname.lastname@example.org