Imagine yourself at the start line. You’ve got a little pre-ride jitters, there’s a hint of chill in the air and the sky is clear. From your vantage point, you can watch the desert sun rise over the hills that surround you. The start goes off just as the rest of the sky is awakened by the morning light dancing off the many distinct layers that make up St. George.
They say that variety is the spice of life. We like to say that St. George has a little bit of everything. It’s layered with red rocks that define the northern side of the city jutting above the valley. You get a look deep into those sandstone cliffs in Snow Canyon and it’s all topped off with the largest laccolith in the world, Pine Valley Mountain. The area is defined by these layers and accented by the green trees in the valleys and the cottonwoods around the Virgin and Santa Clara Rivers. There’s a lot to see.
The Tour of St. George gives you a guided tour of all those layers. Starting in downtown, the route immediately climbs toward the red rocks and skirts the base of the Red Cliffs Desert Reserve as you make your way toward the Red Mountain and pass by the mouth of Snow Canyon. You will be treated to views of the sandstone topped by the surrounding mountains. As you keep pedaling, you will dip all the way down to the Arizona Stateline while you make your way toward Sand Hollow and Quail Creek State Parks and their corresponding lakes. From there, your return trip take you past more layers of sandstone and terminates back where you started in an oasis of green surrounded by red rocks.
The Spring Tour offers lengths for every rider and fitness level. Pick either a 35, 75 or 100 mile distance to tailor your tour to your abilities. With rolling sag and fully stocked and themed rest stops, all you need is your bike and the desire to pedal your way through all the layers.
• Event will be chipped timed
• Event is capped at 800 riders so register early
• Enjoy the scenic landscapes of Sand Hollow State Park and Quail Creek State Park.
• Fully stocked rest stops, a great lunch, and more!
• Enjoy warm spring riding temperatures in scenic Southern Utah
• A distance to challenge every rider with 35, 75, 100 mile options
• You will receive a custom Spring Tour de St. George Event Medal with your registration
• Only 90 minutes North of Las Vegas
• Just 4 hours south of Salt Lake City
More Information at: